There’s a big difference between advisors who do between $200,000 and $500,000 and those who do north of $1 million. Can you guess what that difference might be? The answer is delegation. And though delegation is challenging for many entrepreneurs, Matt and Micah are going to break down why it’s necessary and how to do it well.
Listen in as the guys talk about the importance of knowing how, when, and what to delegate so you can make time for yourself and do your best with growing the practice. You’ll learn how they have motivated themselves to take the leap properly and what tools you can use to get out of town and have your business running itself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why delegating can be such a challenge.
- How to not get stuck on what to delegate.
- Common misconceptions around delegation.
- How to use “fear setting” and craft situations ahead of time.
- What helps when making the jump into delegation.
- How to use forcing mechanisms to delegate more often.
- A four-step system to use when delegating.
- How to follow up with delegation.
Ideas Worth Sharing:You will not get to a perfect practice without delegation. It’s the only path to get there. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet Go through a list of your day-to-day activities and start kicking them off to your team. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet When you delegate something, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s going to be easy. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah
- Tim Ferriss’s TED Talk on Fear Setting
- The Perfect RIA Survey
- Out of Office for 3 Months PDF