What does it take to provide true value to your clients? Today we have financial expert and advisor Ed Slott on the show to answer that question and more. Named “The Best” source for IRA advice by The Wall Street Journal, Ed works with advisors across the country and provides training in IRAs and retirement distribution planning.
In this episode, Ed breaks down the key areas advisors should focus on in order to ensure they are offering high-value services to their clients. Listen in to learn common (and costly) mistakes many advisors make, why it’s so important to ensure you have proper tax training, and what consumers really need from their financial planners.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The top three mistakes advisors make when giving tax advice.
- A common problem that leaves retirement savings at risk.
- The kinds of high-value services advisors should focus on providing for clients.
- What information consumers desperately need.
- Why advisors need tax training.
- Tax training options for advisors.
- Action items for advisors who want to provide high-value services.
Ideas Worth Sharing:The key to retirement planning is not just making money; it’s keeping it when you need it the most in retirement. - @theslottreport Click To Tweet If you lose money to taxes, you’re never getting that money back—that’s a one-way street. That’s why it’s critical to have an advisor that has invested in specialized knowledge in tax planning. - @theslottreport Click To Tweet If you’re an advisor, you want to put your effort into high-value services. - @theslottreport Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Ed Slott: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Ed Slott’s Elite IRA Advisor Group
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah!