When you look at successful people, do you feel malice or anger toward them? Or do you ask yourself what did they do to get themselves to that place? Today Micah and Matthew are discussing jealousy and how to overcome this mental block so that you can achieve the success you deserve.
Listen in as they explain why we shouldn’t be comparing ourselves to others, but rather trying to figure out what we can learn from them. You’ll discover how to free up more time by adopting best practices and what you should be doing right now to stop wasting your energy being angry about someone else’s success and start creating success for yourself.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why we should not compare ourselves to others.
- The benefits of learning from others.
- How to explain what you do for your clients in a language they understand.
- Why other advisors have anger or malice when you are doing a good job.
- How to run effective team meetings.
- What makes surge meetings beneficial.
- Why you need to take action now.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I don’t want to spend my time and energy being angry at someone else’s success. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet People that work more than 40 hours a week are hard-working, and people who work less than 40 hours a week are slackers—these are made up anchors. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet What are those mental blocks that you have that you need to get rid of so that you can achieve the success that you want to achieve? - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah
- The Backstage Pass
- Michael Kitces Podcast with Micah Shilanski