Making mistakes is never fun, but unless you can actually walk on water (without it being frozen) you’ve probably made your fair share. And the truth is, how you handle your mistakes says a lot more about you as a person and a professional than your mistakes do. So in this episode, Matt and Micah discuss how to embrace your mistakes—and become better because of them.
Listen in to hear some of the mistakes that the guys have made, as well as how they’ve grown from them and how they approach mistakes with their clients and their teams. They’ll also share tips for upping your pregame for potential mistakes with clients in the future and how to create an environment of extreme ownership in order to avoid the blame-fest game.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to make your mistakes right with clients.
- The key element to embrace and learn from mistakes.
- A phenomenal disarming technique to use during adversarial conversations.
- The best way to communicate mistakes with your clients.
- How to avoid painting yourself into a corner.
- Why it’s important to look at where your system—not your team—broke down.
Ideas Worth Sharing:I make progress in a conversation. I don’t make progress in an argument. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet Don’t judge a person by their mistakes but by how they fix them. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet Life happens. Set yourself up to win. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah
- The Backstage Pass
- The Perfect RIA LinkedIn Page