This episode is dedicated to opening up that mailbag and answering your questions. Many listeners asked about how Matt and Micah set up calls, meetings, and planning, so they will lay out how they handle these things from their different strategies to the policies they have in place.
Listen in to hear the guys cover everything from making a good impression and providing massive value to your clients from the initial screening to why the annual review meetings are crucial. You’ll also get a glimpse into how they handle things like time off, touching base with clients, screening calls, supporting your staff, and much more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- How to define non-work days.
- How to handle client calls and “just because” calls.
- The value of touching base with clients and following up.
- Techniques for screening calls and prospective clients.
- The importance of supporting your staff.
- Prospect meeting procedures and how to provide massive value.
- Whether or not to charge for initial meetings.
- Understanding tax projection and being clear on tax analysis.
- What to say in client review meetings.
- What to do if a client doesn’t want to discuss what you planned to discuss.
Ideas Worth Sharing:If we’re going to come out and say we’re taking x amount of time off or x amount of time in the office, we need to be really clear on those numbers. So we keep it crystal clear on our calendars, crystal clear with our family. -… Click To Tweet If a client comes to mind more than once, I pick up the phone and call them. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet Don’t be a sales person. Who gives stuff away for free? Someone who wants to sell you something. Who charges a fee? A professional offering a service. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah!
- Strategic Coach program
- Money Guide Pro
- Lacerte Tax Projection
- Keebler Tax Planning
- FPA Phoenix Event