The challenge of managing distractions is something that every office and every worker deals with. In fact, on average, workers spend just 2 hours and 48 minutes per day on productive tasks. So today, Matt and Micah will be working through common distractions and ways to handle them to help you ensure you’re making the most of your day.
Listen in as the guys discuss how productivity is often over-complicated and why they chose to work the way they do. You will hear some stats on how people spend their time, as well as what distractions are destroying your productivity. From reconciling massive value and productivity to educating, planning, and putting systems into place, you’ll learn to help yourself and your team get better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Why productivity is often made to be more complicated than it needs to be.
- Quick things you can do to regain time and focus.
- The importance of taking the time to educate and set up systems.
- How massive value and productivity need to be worked in together.
- Why you need to pay attention to communication styles.
- How to respect everyone’s time and performance.
- The forms of communication Matt and Micah use with their teams.
- How to manage email so it doesn’t steal your productivity.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Very few things are both important AND urgent. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet Just because it’s top of my mind doesn’t mean that it has to be top of someone else’s mind. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet It takes about an hour and a half to really get involved at a high performance level of a task. - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah
- The Millionaire Next Door by Thomas J. Stanley
- Stephen Covey – 4 Quadrants
- Deep Work by Cal Newport
- Tim Ferriss on auto-response
- Sane Box
- DiSC Assessment
- BLUF Communication