Matthew and Micah are big proponents of working with coaches and calling in reinforcements who can truly add value to your work and business. Colleen from Q2 consulting is taking the place of Micah this episode because she has some really helpful insight on building great teams. Matthew and Colleen discuss how business owners should work and particularly how to work with your team.
Colleen works with businesses of all sizes and has some really valuable experience to draw from when it comes to understanding how use your strengths and the strengths of others to make massive impact. She shares her own experience discovering how she works best and emphasizes the importance of using the incredible tools available to create a better and more effective work experience for everyone involved.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- Colleen’s background in consulting and coaching in the finance industry.
- The importance of the Kolbe strengths test and what it taught her.
- How to understand your strengths and the strengths of your team.
- The best first steps you can take to figure out your strengths and get started creating a stronger team.
- Insight into how the mind works and how that effects your hiring.
- How the Kolbe works and the best way to put it to use.
- Key action items you can do in order to make your next week better, easier and more effective.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Leaders of companies that go from good to great, start not from where but with who. They start with getting the right people on the bus, the wrong people off the bus and the right people in the right seats.” – Jim Collins Click To Tweet This process, while it might seem kind of cumbersome – it is really essential for someone you’re probably going to spend more waking hours with than anyone else in your life, right? - @ThePerfectRIA Click To Tweet If you take this time up front and do your best to get the right person, you’re going to be a lot more successful. - Colleen Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
- Matt Jarvis: Website | LinkedIn
- Micah Shilanski: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Email Matt and Micah
- The Backstage Pass
- Good to Great by Jim Collins
- Kolbe Assessment
- DiSC Assessment
- Clifton’s Strengthfinders
- FPA of Greater Phoenix